Saturday 13 March 2010

FOTD: Spring Purrr

Thanks for all my readers for their love and support during my recovery. I wanted to do a complete makeup look today because although swatches are nice and all, this blog is about wearing makeup, too. I've spent the last two hours doing my hair and this makeup. Because standing up without cruthches for longer periods of time is hard, I did a very simple and neutral look with Silk Naturals I swatched here.


Spring Purrr

Face:

Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing foundation in custom blend (as a foundation and a concealer)
Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish
Stardust luminizer in Pearl Power (as a highlighter on cheeks)
Silk Naturals blush in Stardust

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (all over upper lid and lower lid)
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (on upper lid, below crease only)
Silk Naturals eyeshadow in Whisper (inner corners and below brow)
Silk Naturals eyeshadow in Purrr (upper and lower lid)
Silk Naturals eyeshadow in Lurid (outer vee and crease)
Silk Naturals eyeshadow in Tailfeather (to blend in Purrr and Lurid in outer corners, lower lashline)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (upper lashline)
MAC Technakhol in Graphblack (lower lashline, smudged with Tailfeather)
Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara in Rich Black

Lips:

Silk Naturals lipgloss in Darling



The look didn't turn out quite as good as I'd hoped but considering that I was in pain most of the time doing it, it's okay. I wonder what that weird light spot under my eye is? It's not highlighter/luminizer because I didn't apply it there. Maybe it's just sunlight. Weird. But as you can see, Purrr makes greenish eyes appear even greener.





Here you can see the lovely shiny finish of Purrr. Pixie Epoxy makes it look almost metallic which isn't a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all. Lurid is a more matte shade which can be seen in this pic. I actually like that it isn't as shiny because the contrast of the two textures is quite nice. You may be wondering what the tuille thing in the corner of these photos is....




It's the cutest hair accessory ever! My hair is terribly grown out and as I'm not able to visit the hairdresser at the time, I wanted to distract you with girlie goodness! I have to admit that I got the idea from this post by Grey. Well, it's purple! When I get better, I intend to wear it with a cute top and jeans. Check out WhichGoose's shop at her Etsy store.

As you can see, Darling doesn't change my lip colour much, just makes it more even and gives a nice gloss. I hate this pic but I was taking it while leaning on a shelf behind me and trying not to fall down. Everything is much more exciting when you have to avoid putting too much weight on your left leg! :)

I'll be posting more looks from now on but my blog will for a time being concentrate more on reviews and swatches.

How do you like the look? What about the hair comb?

REMEMBER TO ENTER MY FYRINNAE GIVEAWAY! THE WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN AT RANDOM TOMORROW AT NOON HELSINKI TIME.