Friday 19 March 2010

FOTD: Mad For Pink

I've done this very same look (with different products) the first time about five, six years ago when I was in Sydney, Australia. I had bought an eyeshadow palette that had a pink shade and a sparkly lime shade. I wanted to use it by applying the pink on my upper lid and the lime on my lower lid. I thought I was being different. One day my Japanese room mate came to me with a women's magazine that had a Shu Uemura ad on it. The woman in the ad was wearing the exact same look. Back then I was a little more sensitive and was offended by my room mate's guess that I had copied the look, and refused to do it again (yeah, I'm a really delightful person LOL).



I still love combining pink with lime green so in order to call for spring, I did the look with Fyrinnae products. I used Chaotic Evil (pink with sparkle) and We're All Mad Here (sparkly lime/dark chartreuse).

FOTD: Mad For Pink

Face:

Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing foundation in custom blend (as a foundation and a concealer)
Aromaleigh You're a Doll! finishing powder in Parfait (to counter redness)
Fyrinnae glow blush in Charm


Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as a primer)
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (over TFSI)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Chaotic Evil (upper lid)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in We're All Mad Here (lower lid, wetlined)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara

Lips:

Aromaleigh lipbalm in Just the Balm, Ma'am
Fyrinnae lip lustre in Visual Kei


'Scuse the flakey skin. Not being able to go for a walk is wreaking havoc on my face.

I love both of these colours. I hadn't used Chaotic Evil before (I think..) and it's just a strong, shocking pink. That's why I skipped highlighter, I wanted the focus to be on the pink goodness. I love the sparkles which become more visible with Pixie Epoxy.



Here you can see the sparkle.  Look at it, it's uh-mazing!



I wanted to go full on bright with my look. So I applied Charm blush very generously and smothered my lips with Visual Kei. However, I skipped the highlighter on my face because I didn't want to go THAT mad. Even though there's a lot of pink going on, I think it's not OTT at all.

I wish I had a better full face pic but the thing is that when I was doing this look, I lost my balance because I got a spasm of some kind on my operated knee and I almost fell on the floor. I managed to grab the bathroom counter and to tighten the mucles on my thigh but after that I spent about 45 minutes shaking. So I didn't get to do my hair the way I wanted and I look scared as hell in this photo. Just when I wanted to do something special to you! Also, I'm wearing my pj's.

Well, I'm off to put some ice on my knee. I hoped you still liked this look.

Any weekend plans?