Thursday 18 March 2010

FOTD: Heartless

Hi there!

I sorta promised not to do any Alice-themed looks with any Alice-themed products but I also promised to share my hauls one way or another. I got the coveted (or loathed) Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows a few days ago. I'm not going to post photos of the palette because the interwebz is full of them and yes, it's gorgeous. I don't have any Urban Decay eyeshadows so for me the palette was a new thing but as you know, all the colours are just regular UD colours with Wonderland names. Yesterday I also got MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick (and I opened the door wearing shorty short shorts and had to watch how the mailman rallied himself up to say "Have a good day". I couldn't even close the door myself because I was holding my mail on one hand and the cruthches in the other. I hope I made his day.) and this morning I wondered how I could use them both to fill in the requirement of sharing my hauls.




FOTD: Heartless

Face:

Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing foundation in custom blend (as a foundation and a concealer)
Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish
Sassy Minerals blush in Give Me Some Sugar

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion (as a primer)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Vorpal/S&M (all over lid, lower lashline)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Alice/Painkiller (all over lid)
Urban Decay eyeshadow in White Rabbit/Polyester Bride (as a highlighter below brow)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil in Zero (upper lashline)
Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara in Rich Black

Lips:

MAC Viva Glam lipstick in Cyndi


First I applied Vorpal all over upper lid. Then I went over it with Alice. Then I applied Vorpal again and went over it with Alice. I did this because Alice is a very bright blue and I wanted to make it a bit more metallic and murky. It actually looks pretty fab irl, the metallic finish is more visible than in these photos. I love Vorpal, it's a nice silvery grey shade. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to use that shade more than just this once.

For some reason the shade White Rabbit causes a Jefferson Airplane earworm. "One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small..." has been playing in my head in a repeat all morning.






In this picture you can see a little of the neat metallic finish.

The thing about these shadows is that although they are pressed shadows, I seem to get more fall-out than with loose pigments. The shadows are quite dry. However, they are nicely pigmented, I didn't have to use a half of the pan to get colour.



Bad hair day. And the monster of Caerbannogh is lurking in the background. I'm quite pleased with the results (not with this pic, though) although I have to admit that wearing blue eyeshadow makes me a bit nervous, even though I'm not going outside. It's just way out of my comfort zone.

I love the Cyndi lipstick. It's a LOT redder than I expected because in all the swatch photos I've seen it looks more coral than it does on me. However, the redness isn't a bad thing at all.

How do you like the look? What are your thoughts about the Alice Book of Shadows?