Saturday 7 August 2010

Day at the beach avec moi

Hi everyone!

I know summer is almost over and autumn things are starting to pop up everywhere so maybe this isn't the prime time to talk about beaches. However, I haven't been on a proper holiday this summer, yet. We are going to the southern coast of Croatia with my boyfriend next month and although I'm not a beach person (you have seen how pale I look, right?), I'm actually looking forward to a beach holiday because my knee is still a bit unstable and wouldn't endure our usual tight-paced city holidays.

Since our holiday is drawing near and I'm making some confirmations with hotels and trying to figure out how to pack, I wanted to share my beach favourites.


That plaid bikini from H&M is currently my favourite one. It looks a little 50s retro on me and it actually creates some curves to my body. Also, I'd never go to the beach without SPF50. I like sun lotions that can be sprayed on because they apply more easily. That one is from Eucerin, it doesn't have perfume in (which is a must for me). That floppy white sun hat was bought yesterday when I realized that I don't have a proper sun hat. Yes, it has some sparkly rhinestones on it but I decided not to care.

I don't wear much makeup on the beach because I don't want to look like melty face so I want to wear light and shimmery products. Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation is light enough to not make you feel like you have a mask on but it does cover any unwanted blemishes. It also comes in a munchkin jar size that doesn't take much room in your bag. I wear it in Inquisitive Himalayan. Evil Shades blush in Burlesque is a lovely peach blush with a hint of pink and gold. Also, I've never gone on a holiday these last couple of years without Fyrinnae's eyeshadow in Polar Bear. Waterproof mascara is a must so my trusty Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara is coming with me. Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Lace Gloves will keep my lips moisturized and pink. I'm painting my toes with OPI Catch Me In Your Net which is a shade that morphs between blue and green and gold. On my nails I'll be wearing China Glaze Hi-Tek, a lovely rosy golden shade.





Close-up on the beach beauty products.

I'm trying to get a FOTD posted this weekend so don't give up on me yet!