Saturday 14 November 2009

New Hair, look and hauls: it's a 3 in 1 post!

Hi there!

Today, November 14th, is the International Diabetes Day. I've had type 1 diabetes for a couple of years so my contribution for today was to wear blueish makeup (a cerulean blue ring is the symbol for diabetes).

I was supposed to wear Fyrinnae's Baby Beluga (a soft pale grey with blue shimmer) with Mirrors (a shiny antique silver) but the look turned out bland. It just looked black and white on me. Rather than go wash my face, I took Fyrinnae's Blue Footed Booby (teehee) and used that for a wash of colour.

Blue for a Purpose

Face:

Meow Cosmetics Equilibrium primer (as a primer)
Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing foundation in custom blend
Meow Lost Rainforest glow powder in Chameleon (as a highlighter on cheekbones, bridge of the nose and chin)
Purely Cosmetics Diamond Finish powder (as a finishing powder)
Fyrinnae blush in Bewitching

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as a primer on upper lids)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Baby Beluga (all over upper lids)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Blue Footed Booby (middle of the eyelids)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Mirrors (outer vee and crease)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Underworld (as a highlighter below brow)
Fyrinnae eyshadow in Shinkirou (over Underworld)
MAC Technakhol in Graphblack (upper and lower lashline)
Lumene Blueberry Curl waterproof mascara in Rich Black

Lips:

MAC Slimshine lipstick in Long Stem Rose





Sorry for not getting pictures but there's just no light anymore. I tried taking pics with a flash but it didn't work because we're using energy saving bulbs that are not as bright as regular bulbs. As you may notice, I've lined my eyes almost all the way around. This is because after getting my hair cut, I noticed that I have almond shaped eyes. I had never noticed that before but the hairdresser cut my fringe a little wider to show of my eyes. What I did with the lower lashline was that I draw the line from outer corner to the middle of the lower lid. Then I took a sponge applicator and smudged the line inwards.
I wish the blue shimmer of Baby Beluga was more visible but on me it just isn't. Oh, the joys of being unnaturally pale!





Okay, here's the overall look. I'm very pleased with my hair (which explains the wide grin). It's not a drastic change as such but my eyes are much more noticeable now with the blunt and wider fringe. The back is shorter and as you can see, I have bits of longer hair I can play with in the front. I went to a different hairdresser and a salon than before which was a completely new experience for me. I've gotten my hair cut in the same place since I had hair in my head to get cut. But I wanted someone who hadn't seen me before to do something new.

I still need to work on styling the new 'do...





Which brings me to my haul from yesterday. My hairdresser recommended me to get a can of Tigi's Queen for the Day volumizing spray. I also wanted to get Spoil Me which is used to defrizz the hair. My hair is extremely fly-away, especially in winter. For some freak chance of luck I found them as a set "Buy Queen for the Day, get Spoil Me for free!" called "Royal pain". Score!





Today I went shopping with my best friend (and a follower of my blog, the lightweightthinker) and I strayed to MAC counter. They were celebrating the launch of Magic, Mirth and Mischief! holiday collection. I snatched Jingle Jangle dazzleglass (the top lipgloss in the pic) and Lucky Number nailpolish from the collection as well as Funtabulous dazzleglass. I also visited Lush and got BB Seaweed fresh face mask and Bohemian soap (not pictured).

I wanted to swatch the dazzleglasses for you guys but it's way too dark. Jingle Jangle is a soft warm pink with loads of shimmer (I see blue, pink and maybe peach) and Lucky Number is a metallic pink nail polish. I think it will look foiled on nails.

How do you like my hair? Have you been shopping any Magic, Mirth and Mischief! products?

13 comments:

Nea said...

Your hair looks so nice!

I bought cremesheen lipglass in "Boy bait" and I just LOVE it :D

Saila said...

Thanks, Nea :)

I looked at the cremesheens but wasn't sure if they would work on me because they looked a bit bland when I swatched them on my hand. I'd like to see Boy Bait on you, post some pics, please! :)

Nea said...

I have a look here: http://fashionedinfinland.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-should-i-apply-eye-shadow-d.html (added that lip picture later). Boy Bait is almost colorless, maybe not for you... It feels just so_nice <3

My skin looks so bad in those pictures... I'll definitely continue to use minerals. LOL

Unknown said...

I love your hair, it's so fun and funky!
Have you ever tried using a creme shadow under your eye shadow to make the color more intense?

The look is very pretty and you look great!

Saila said...

Nea: Boy Bait looks fab on you! But it's not a colour for me. I'm going to go with my dazzling beauties :)

Evil Angel: Thanks :) I've tried it with disastrous results. I think my lids are way too oily because it creases every time. When I first started experimenting with primers, I used MAC's Paint Pots. It didn't work out, unfortunately :(

Lisa Kate said...

Your hair looks amazing! I'm sorry to hear that you have diabetes. You are in my thoughts <3

Saila said...

Thanks, Lisa Kate :) Don't worry, everything's under control. My blood sugar levels are almost normal. Of course, I hate that I have to stick myself with needles every time I eat anything but if that's what it takes to have an ice cream... ;)

Mai said...

Nätti tukka sulla! :)

Equilibrium on kyllä mahtava primer, olen kokeillut itsekin, ja tilaan täysikokoisen heti kun rahatilanne sen sallii.

Phyrra said...

I LOVE the bangs and how you did your eyes!

The Dazzleglass looks fabulous!
I have Funtabulous and love it ;)

Great deal on the hair stuff!

Really love the new cut and the way your sides are a bit curly.

Lisa Kate said...

Okay I know its not funny, but isn't it sooo worth it?! I'm lactose intolerant, but does that stop me from enjoying a delicious ice cream? Hells no. I just pop some pills and want to die for a few days XD

Saila said...

Sagu: Kiitos :) Equilibrium on niiiiin ihana, just sain täysikokoisen. Mun iho ärsyyntyy talvella helposti niin tuolla se pysyy kiltisti kuosissa.

Phyrra: Thanks :) I curled up the sides, the hairdresser showed my how to style my hair in different ways. I love the versatility.

Lisa Kate: There's no way I'm giving up ice cream! I'm beginning to believe in the twin connection between us because what you said makes pefect sense! *lol*

Unknown said...

One of my best friends has type 1 diabetes (we like to play a game where i guess what her sugar level is going to be :P) and my mum has just been diagnosed with type 2.

Your new hair looks lovely! I like the curly flicky bits very much.

I just bought Funtabulous dazzleglass too, i love it! But i wasn't really impressed with anything from the christmas collections.

Saila said...

Lillian: My boyfriend always seems to know when my blood sugar is low. I'm sorry about your mum. The good thing about diabetes is that you can be in charge of the illness if you just commit to taking care of yourself. There are many illnesses that progress no matter what you do.

Thanks :) I like the flicky bits, too. I think they make this 'do more than just a simple bob.

I like Jingle Jange and Lucky Number, though, but I have to agree with you that the collection is a bit safe. Cute, but safe.