Sunday 8 November 2009

EOTD: Aromaleigh L'Orchidée Jewel, Orinoco, Unicorn and Shadow Witch

Hi there!

It's Father's Day in Finland so I opted for a softer look because we're going to my boyfriend's parents for a Sunday dinner.

I would have posted a full FOTD but my hair seems to have overgrown and I can't find my face under it. Don't worry guys, I'm going to a FANCY hairsalon next Friday so there may be some pics of my new hair next Saturday. So watch this space!

I decided to revisit Aromaleigh's L'Orchidée collection which just might be my favourite of all Aromaleigh's LE collections.

Jewel is a purple with golden shimmer. This makes it a bit warmer which is why I decided to use it with Orinoco which is a warm coral/pinkish peach. For highlighting I used Unicorn which looks pale yellow in the jar but on my skin it's a yellowish off-white. Shadow Witch is a truly unique colour. As most of you have noticed, I'm not big with blues. Shadow Witch is a navy blue with silvery metallic sheen/shimmer to it. It makes a great liner when used wet and it's also beautiful as an eyeshadow.

Here's what I used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as a primer)
Aromaleigh L'Orchidée LE eyeshadow in Orinoco (2/3 of inner lid)
Aromaleigh L'Orchidee LE eyeshadow in Jewel (outer vee, crease)
Aromaleigh L'Orchidée LE eyeshadow in Unicorn (as a highlighter below brow)
Lumene Eye Graphics eye pencil in Coal Black (as a liner)
Aromaleigh L'Orchidée LE eyeshadow in Shadow Witch (wetlined on top of the black liner)







I love Orinoco. It looks so velvety on my lids and it has a beautiful sheen to it. It looks more shimmery in the jar but on my skin it just glows. Usually I don't wear peach shades with purples but the golden shimmer in Jewel makes this combination work. Also, Orinoco has pink in it so it's easy to combine it with a warmer purple.






This pic captures the shine effect of Shadow Witch when it's applied on top of a black liner. It's subtle but it makes the look more interesting. What initially happened is that as I used a pencil, I couldn't fill the gap between my lashes and my lids so it looked a bit unfinished. I'm so used to getting it done as I usually use gel liners or I use minerals for wetlining that I didn't even consider that I might not get my eyes lined properly. So I grabbed Shadow Witch and went over the pencil line with it. I suggest you try it, it makes the eyes a bit brighter (which I need today because I had a few drinks last night).

For my cheeks I'm using Illamasqua's Cream Blusher in Rude and I'm wearing Illamasqua's Intense Lip Gloss in Mistress on my lips. Sorry I couldn't get a face picture. I just look a bit like Chewbacca at the moment.

I'm trying to post some looks but the light is becoming an issue. I've tried to post looks a couple of times but there hasn't been enough light to take decent photos. Right now it's almost 2pm but it looks like 7pm. And I don't like taking pics indoors because I hate how the light is too warm. It just warps the colours.

Any ideas for my new 'do? And how do you like this look?

5 comments:

Nea said...

Pretty! And can't wait to see your new hair :D

Phyrra said...

Wow, Orinocho looks so beautiful on you. That makes me want to try wearing it :)

One trick you can try, depending on your camera, go into a room with good overhead lighting and take the picture with flash. It may wash you out a bit (well, you're pale like I am so that's not a big deal), but your colors should be fairly true to hue.

Saila said...

Thanks, girls :)

Phyrra, Orinoco is a great colour. I'm thinking about using it for more dramatic looks, maybe paired with a flashy orange or darker red.

Kim said...

I love Orinoco, it's perfect paired with a purple shadow! I hope it becomes part of the permanent collection D:

Saila said...

Kim: I like the way you think ;)