Saturday 8 August 2009

FOTD: Very natural

Just a quick post for the weekend. It's been a very sunny day today in Helsinki so I decided to do a very natural look before heading out to have breakfast in the nearby park.

Very Natural

Meow Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Himalayan (two layers)
Meow LF blush in Heliconia
Meow Top Cat Finishing Powder
Meow Crystalline Cat Glow Powder in Quartz (on temples and cheekbones)
Aromaleigh Eye Lustre eyeshadow in Amelie (all over lid)
Aromaleigh Pure Hues eyeshadow in Delicate Bronze (on outer vee and crease)
Aromaleigh Elemental Lustre eyeshadow in Blaze (to darken crease and outer vee)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof mascara in Black
Aromaleigh Gothic Lolita Nourishing Color Creme lipstick in Cakewalk


I didn't get a decent picture with my eyes closed (boo). I really like Blaze, it's an amazing coppery brown that has this metallic sheen to it. Amelie is a very soft peachy sort of colour with a hint of stiny shimmer. Delicate Bronze is sort of a lighter and non-metallic version of Blaze. It's the sort of colour that it's very easy to use. I'm not a big fan but it worked well with this look. I don't hate it either, it's just so ordinary that I neither love it or hate it. A very neutral colour in every sense. The pigmentation is gorgeous though, as with almost everything that Aromaleigh comes up with (I've only been disappointed with a handful of Aromaleigh stuff and with my makeup collection, that's nothing).

And this is how I look when I do my makeup after shower and decide not to do anything with my hair :D Also the sun was shining directly at my eyes.. Yes, very lovely :P

When doing makeup with brown or bronze shades, it's usually best to have something pink in it, too. I mean, if you decide to use browns for your face and you want to use a bronzer instead of a blush, you should use pink lipstick or gloss for your lips. I decided to use a bronzey lipstick from Aromaleigh so I opted for a pink/coral blush. I think it balances out the bronziness and gives a nice pop of colour.

I've come to love Aromaleigh's Nourishing Color Creme. They are very easy to use because of the twist-up lipbalm container. The formula is very moisturizing and the colour stays on for quite long, too. Also the price $6.65 makes it very affordable. I already have Sweet Tart (mauveish) and Cakewalk from the 4 new colours but I think I might be getting Shortcake (pink) at some point.

Hope you have a nice and sunny weekend, too!

10 comments:

Phyrra said...

You look pretty :)
What eyelash curler do you use?
I've been tempted to look for a heated one. I have a Sonia Kashuk one currently.

Nea said...

These colors look just amazing on you!

I have a sample of Blaze but it looks so "scary" (read: too warm for me) that I haven't tried it yet... But after this I might finally try it :D

Saila said...

Phyrra: Thank you :) I use Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I hate that they don't sell them in Finland. Getting a genuine one is such a pain!

Nea: Blaze looks like it's going to attack you in the baggie *lol* But it's actually quite lovely. I say go for it! :D

Kim said...

Sigh, so pretty, I really like how the copper is a subtle contrast to your eye color. I'm really loving your lashes also.. mine are simply unworkable, haha.

Saila said...

Kim: Thank you :) I haven't been using copper shades for a long time so it was a nice change :)

My lashes are completely straight and I have to curl them all the way and use waterproof mascara. Otherwise they just hang in front of my eyes.

Cris said...

I'd rather have a sunless weekend 'cause that's the only way I can have breakfast in a park too (lol).
And wow, this look's pretty :). I normally wouldn't think of wearing liner with this colour! Thanks for the idea ;).

Nea said...

Saila, sounds like my lashes too :D Typical Finnish ones? LOL

Saila said...

Thank you, Cris :) I almost always use black liner because my lashes are almost colourless and if I use black mascara without a liner, it just looks incredibly weird! :D
What I hate about breakfasts in park on sunny days is that I have to cover myself with spf because otherwise I'll just burn.

Nea: Yeah :D But why is it that most Finnish guys have the thickest and the most naturally curved lashes? That just doesn't make any sense! I once got my lashes permed and that was a BIG mistake. Never again.

Nea said...

"I once got my lashes permed and that was a BIG mistake. Never again."

LOL I can believe that :D I once tried a perm in my super-straight hair and results were... interesting! I looked like a sheep :D The hairdresser said "oh no, this shouldn't have happened". I agree :D

I also love Shu Eumura eyelash curler+ waterproof mascara!

Cris said...

Same here. I'm pale, so sunny days are just annoying >_<.
And I'm kind of jealous of people with light lashes because they can wear them dark or light. I can't really make mine look pale :( unless I use the white-pigment-on-mascara trick.