Monday 17 August 2009

FOTD: Lady Stardust

I decided to use a colour mousse again on my hair because my natural colour had bleached considerably (damn you, sun!). I'm off work because I'm still a bit sick. But I don't feel sick. So, as I'm about to go to get some food, I also did my makeup.



I decided to go with subtle eyeshadow paired with a bold glittery liner. I used Aromaleigh's Eye Plush eyeshadow in Dollhouse. It's a matte, very light lavender. Because I did't want to go too subtle, I also used Medusa's Makeup eye dust in Barbarella, a shimmering lavender, to create a contrast with it and Dollhouse. For a liner I used Aromaleigh's Rocks! in ladystardust which is a purple eyeshadow with green/aqua sparkle. The funny thing with ladystardust is that it's more of a blueish purple when used dry. However, as I used it for wetlining, it turns almost pink when mixed with water.



FOTD: Lady Stardust



Meow Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Himalayan (two layers, also used wet as a concealer)
Glamour Doll Eyes blush in Doll Face
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as a primer on lids)
Aromaleigh Eye Plush in Dollhouse (all over upper lid)
Medusa's Makeup eye dust in Barbarella (outer vee, crease and lower lid)
Aromaleigh Rocks! Sonic Eyes in ladystardust (applied wet as a liner)
Max Factor False Lash Effect waterproof mascara in Black
Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Pink Guitar
Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Lollipop-Pop




I'm really pleased with how Dollhouse looks with more sparkly colours. On its own it looks almost grey on me but when I applied Barbarella, the lavender shade instantly 'popped'. Eye Plush shadows are great when you want to go for subtle look. The colours range from matte to nearly matte and they are all very soft. But I wanted to break that softness a little by pairing it with sparklier colours.

I have used ladystardust as an eyeshadow but the problem is that the shimmer wears off quite quickly. Now that I used it wet as a liner, I've been able to enjoy the sparkle whole day.


I really like Barbarella, it's a very soft, shimmery lavender. I'm likely to buy stuff from Medusa's again and next time I'll probably buy a couple of more daring colours. I did buy two pinks in addition to Barbarella: Flamingo and Pink Cadillac. Both of those are very strong, in-your-face pinks. I like the quality of Medusa's. The pigments are very vibrant and nicely pigmented and they are also very long-lasting. I did a longish trip on my bike and I was drenched in sweat by the end of it but my makeup looked fine. So that's a huge plus.
For my lips I mixed Fyrinnae's Pink Guitar with Lollipop-pop. First I painted my lips with Pink Guitar. However, it was too strong a fuchsia on its own so I applied a little bit of Lollipop-pop on top of it. As you can see from my bottom lip, it gave a nice shine and lightened the look up a bit.
I also like how my hair turned out. I think the darker red (which is closer to my natural colour) is much more flattering than the bleached-looking strawberry blonde. I think I look less pale with this darker hue.
What do you think about the hair and the softer purples?

No comments: