Tuesday 16 June 2009

Beauty Tag

Vee from Glamour Doll Eyes and Phyrra from Decorative Diva did this already and as I don't have any looks for you at the moment because of some personal setbacks I've been having lately, I decided to do this too!


What's your favourite make up look? Purple smoky eyes with almost nude lips was my staple for a very long time. Nowadays want to experiment with different colours and looks. I still love my purples, though.

Do you have a beauty vice? I think I'm pretty innocent... Except sometimes I curl my lashes AFTER I've applied mascara, shame on me.

What part of your body do you love? My booty, no doubt about it.

Who is your beauty icon? I don't know if I have any beauty icons as such. There are some celebrities I like to oggle, such as Jessica Biel and Karolina Kurkova. But both of them usually go for natural looks and I don't.

What beauty product makes you feel instantly sexy? Eye makeup. Compared to my lips, my eyes are pretty small and unnoticeable.

How do you look after your skin? My skin is very sensitive and somewhat dry. I only wash my face once a day, when I take my makeup off. I also use a moisturizer only once a day (I'm currently using Dr Hauscha's Rose Cream Light), on the mornings. I buy my face stuff mostly from pharmacist and mostly use unscented products. I actually take my eye makeup off with a moisturizer. For my body I use Lush's Dream Cream.

What is your signature scent? Ultimate by Clean. I love fresh scents.

What are your hair care secrets? I usually wash my hair with shampoo. I only use a conditioner once in a while. I use volumizer and sometimes salt spray before I blow dry my hair. I don't use hairspray unless my hair is very greasy because hairsprays dry your hair out. So if your hair is damaged, don't use hairspray that often or you'll just make it worse.

How do you pamper yourself? I do a facial or a body scrub.

What is your beauty pet peeve? There are so many! Like people wearing makeup to the gym. Hello! All that grease and sweat plus makeup = skin crisis. Also people using too much products on the skin. You really don't need to mask yourself, it only makes you look ill. Also lip liners that are too dark, overplucked brows, using concealer as a "nude" lipstick... The list goes ever on and on.

What would your desert island must haves be? Sun screen (like SPF60 because I burn in a matter of minutes), lip balm, moisturizer and a face wash. If it's a desert island, I'm not going to bother with makeup.

Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy? You look better wearing makeup when you can leave your house without wearing it. It's all about self-confidence.

No comments: