Thursday 16 April 2009

Purely Cosmetics: Foundation samples - custom colours

I had fallen in love with Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing foundation after I sampled it. The trouble was that no colour on its own was THE perfect match. I had sampled Peaches N Cream (for peachy undertones) that was recommended to me by Robyn of Purely Cosmetics and I had also sampled Fair Maiden (for pink undertones), another very fair colour. The trouble was that although I have peach undertones, my pink undertones are considerably more dominating in real life. Peaches N Cream gave my skin a lovely glow but at the same time made me look very yellow in natural light. Fair Maiden was a much better match for me BUT it made me looked a bit washed out.

What was a girl to do?

Well, I browsed through Purely Cosmetics website and found the solution from Kits & Samples. There is a product listed as 'Foundation samples - custom colours'. With this you can order 2 or 3 little foundation jars in the desired formula plus you get an empty 10g jar with sifter. 2 shades cost $12, Skin Smoothing formula costs extra $2 and a third colour can be added by paying $2 extra. So I bought 2 jars of Fair Maiden and 1 jar of Peaches N Cream in Skin Smoothing formula which cost me $16 total. Yesterday I mixed my custom shade and I have to tell you that it's perfect! And it didn't break my almost empty bank!

Problem solved!

No comments: