Saturday 18 April 2009

Aromaleigh Spring Solstice FOTD

I know most people have long ago posted their Spring Solstice looks and are now doing l'Orchidée looks but since I live in a land far far away, I just got hold of my Spring Solstice goods. And I opted for full sizes because I knew I wouldn't get the samples in time to make a full size order after sampling. So I went in blind. You already know that I got Alyssum which I adore but now I have two other beauties: Trillium and Zinnia.

Trillium is a "fresh Spring green full of shimmering green sparkles" and Zinnia is a "vibrant but soft coral-peach that turns into a blend of pinkish coral with a dominant violet iridecence". I also detected a hint of gold in Trillium which gave me the idea to combine with Alyssum that is a champagne colour with green shimmer. However, I wanted to use Zinnia too but after doing hand swatches, I couldn't think of a combination that would work. So I decided to use Zinnia as a blush instead.

Aromaleigh Spring Solstice FOTD

Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss in Inquisitive Himalayan (two layers)
Meow Cosmetics Concealer in Inquisitive Chausie (to cover up blemishes)
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Zinnia (as a blush)
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Alyssum (on the whole upper lid up to brows)
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Trillium (half of the upper lid and crease)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (as a liner on upper lashline)
Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Black
MAC lipstick in Sandy B


So what I did was I put Alyssum all over upper lid up to brows and then went over half of the lid and crease with Trillium. I used Trillium a little more heavily on outer vee. The colour is very easily layerable which I like. I was at first a bit intimidated by Trillium and when I had applied it a bit lighter at first, I needed to take a breather and convince myself that more is more. Then I went back in front of the mirror and applied some more. You can see in the picture above the green shimmer of Alyssum if you look at where the two colours meet.


I think Zinnia makes a lovely blush. You can see the pink shimmer in this photo. I think it's divine. I can't wait to use it on eyes as well.

I know this photo doesn't show the colours too well. There was a slight lighting issue as it wasn't sunny in our balcony. Oh, I can't wait for summer when I can just run outside in the park to take pictures there! Right now it would be too much work as I'd have to put on more clothes. But as soon as I can be outside in jeans and T-shirt, you'll get some nice pics outdoors, I promise!

Despite my expression in this photo, I'm actually delighted by the results. I've once again lost my ability to smile in front of the camera but that was mostly because I had a terrible morning. I had ran out of frozen blueberries that I use with Weetabix, bananas and milk for my breakfast. So I had to do without them and my brekkie tasted like crap.

So, what do you think of the look? Should it be forgotten like using concealer as lippie (btw, that never looks nude. It just looks like you've accidentally dug up concealer from your handbag when you were supposed to find your lipstick) or can I use it again?

2 comments:

Phyrra said...

I'm going to have to try Zinnia as a blush! Lovely on you. I know I like Hot Stuff (from the valentine collection) as a blush.

I think you look lovely and soft :)

Saila said...

Thanks, sweetie :) Zinnia makes a lovely blush, I think.

Yeah, I've been on a soft mode lately. And this time I was shocked to see how little products I used for this look, usually my list is a lot longer.