Friday 10 April 2009

Easter Grass FOTD

Okay, today's look is pretty basic. However, I wanted to incorporate the lovely Easter grass green to it so yesterday I rummaged through all my makeup (I was embarrassed when I realized how much stuff I actually have - and don't use that much) and found Lime Crime's Amazon (LE) which is a yeallowish green. Perfect.

Easter Grass FOTD

Meow Cosmetics Concealer in Inquisitive Chausie (to cover up blemishes)
Purely Cosmetics Silk & Pearl Primer (as a primer on forehead, nose and chin)
Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing Foundation in Fair Maiden
Meow Cosmetics Crystalline Cat Glow in Quartz (as a highlighter on cheeks and above brows)
Fyrinnae Glow Blush in Enrapture
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as a primer on lids)
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Alyssum (on whole upper lid)
Lime Crime eyeshadow in Amazon (in outer vee and crease up to brows)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Platinum (blended over the are where Alyssum and Amazon meet, wetlined on lower lash line)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (liner on upper lash line)
Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Black (upper lashes)
Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Hysteric




The reason I chose to combine Alyssum, Amazon and Platinum was that Alyssum has this great greenish sheen (although the colour itself is champagne) and Amazon is such a striking green that I wanted to have a third colour to act as a 'medium' between these two colours. Platinium is a very strange colour as it changes from silvery to gold, depending on the light. I got just a sample but I think I may have to go for full size when the sample runs out.

Alyssum was a part of Aromaleigh's Spring Solstice Limited Edition Collection and is no longer in sale. I grabed a full size without sampling it because I had seen some swatches and thought it was a must have. I have this thing for champagne colours... What sets Alyssum apart from other champagne colours is the greenish shimmer. It's really lovely.




Sorry, I don't have a better picture for you. I had such a hard time photographing today. The sun wasn't too bright but the light clouds made it very bright and it was such a pain to turn my face towards the light and keep my eyes open.

As you can see, I'm no longer wearing Peaches N Cream. I found out that it made me look sort of yellowish and I have such strong pink tones in my skin. So I opted for Fair Maiden and it really looks so much better. I'm going to try to mix Peaches N Cream and Fair Maiden because Peaches gave my skin a really nice glow. So I'm thinking 3 parts of Fair Maiden and 1 part of Peaches N Cream should do it.

Fyrinnae's Lip Lustre in Hysteric is a very wearable pink with purple tones. It looks SO dark in it's container, I almost peed my pants. But on the lips it's very nice and juicy.

My dear and sexy boyfriend promised to get me some of the Aromaleigh's L'Orchidée Limited Collection Stuff and as Kristen posted some swatches, I'm thinking about getting Jewel, Orinoco and either Pink Fingers or Wild Coco. Which one should I get, any suggestions?

3 comments:

Ilse said...

Wow, I love Amazon! Lime Crime has become such a favourite of mine since my lovely birthday present ;)

And as for Aromaleigh I'd go with Pink Fingers. "Pink opaque satin frost" sounds like something that illuminates those green(ish) eyes of yours :D

Phyrra said...

I love how delicate and flattering this green look is. It's light and refreshing :)

Saila said...

Ilse: It's a shame that Amazon has sold out, it's a really fascinating colour.

Phyrra: Thanks, sweetie :) I wanted to do a lighter look but still have some colour.

So, I got to choose 3 L'Orchidée colours and after I saw the swatches on skin, I picked up Orinoco and Jewel and let Simo pick the third which was Shadow Witch. I really thought I'd pick Wild Coco but it looked a bit too brownish on skin.