Friday 17 April 2009

Fyrinnae Envy Me + Boytoy FOTD


As I've said before, I think Fyrinnae's Envy Me is a great green. Today it felt like a green day so I dug up my jar of Envy Me and a sample jar of Fyrinnae's Boytoy. Boytoy is very shimmery and sparkly forest green. So instead of giving you a fresh spring look, today is all about moody greens.

Envy Me +Boytoy FOTD

Purely Cosmetics Silk & Pearl Primer (on forehead, nose and chin as a primer)
Purely Cosmetics Skin Smoothing Foundation in custom blend
Meow Cosmetics Firefly Blush in Illuminate (on cheeks)
Too Faced Shadow Insurance (on lids as a primer)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Envy Me (all over upper lid)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Boytoy (outer vee and crease, wetlined on lower lid)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Shinkirou (inner corners of eyes)
Fyrinnae eyshadow in Cheeky (as a higlighter below brow)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (as a liner on upper lashline)
Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Black
MAC lipglass in Viva Glam VI Special Edition



As much as I love the colour of Boytoy, it was a pain to apply. It was so full of shimmer that it just flew around my face when I tried to apply it. When I wetlined my lower lashlines with it, I lost my temper. The shimmer it has is very clumpy and thick when mixed with water, so trying to wetline with it was a bit like decorating stuff with those glitter glues that are sticky and too thick. What a shame. The colour is great but the formula is a bit lacking.
I also realized when taking photos that I use too much foundation when I use Purely's Skin Smoothing Foundation. I'm just so used to Meow's very light foundation that I don't realize that Skin Smoothing gives me heavier coverage with less product. Also, now that temperature is rising even here in Finland (slowly but steadily), my skin is getting better. So I may have to put Skin Smoothing aside for a while. But I still love the formula. I just think it works better in winter when my skin is dried out and flaky.



I love MAC's Viva Glam VI Special Edition lipglass. The shade is mauveish pink and utterly delicious. Also, by buying MAC's Viva Glam products you're donating money to a good cause: ALL proceedings go to MAC AIDS Fund that supports women, children and men suffering from HIV and AIDS. So there's a good reason to buy a new MAC Viva Glam lippie!

2 comments:

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

You shouldn't have any worries about the warmer temperature. The silk powder adjusts to heat and humidity - it will hydrate your skin where necessary, and absorb excess oils as well.

I love the look on you! Fyrinnae has the best names for their shadows. Not descriptive, but funny as hell!

Saila said...

Okay. It's just that as Skin Smoothing gives me more coverage and during spring/summer I really don't need it as much coverage. But it's probably my aplication method. I'm working on it! :)

Thanks :) I ADORE Fyrinnae's shade names, there's certainly lots of creativity there! I usually don't like greens because at some point of my life I had an overdose on greens and coppers but I'm trying to get used to them once more :)