Sunday 28 November 2010

FOTD: Parcel Tongue

Hi everyone!

I got a new camera this week so I took some FOTD photos with it. Unfortunately when I was scaling the images down a bit, I managed to change something in my full face photo and then I had to change the warmth of the photo so it may look a bit off.

I also got what appears to be my last Aromaleigh order. I got some full sized products from Wonderstruck and Spells collections. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan (I prefer the books but Alan Rickman makes an excellent Severus Snape) so Spells was my cup of tea. I ordered Obliviate, Wingardium Leviosa, Serpensortia, Tarantallegra and Priori Incantate. Serpensortia and Priori Incantate really stood out for me: Serpensortia is a lovely olive green that leans to gold and has a lovely shimmer to it and Priori Incantate is this greenish golden brown shimmerbomb. If I could, I'd still order Silencio, Protego, Alohomora and Expecto Patronum.


Here's the look I created with Serpensortia and Priori Incantate:

Parcel Tongue

Face:
Aromaleigh Glissade foundation in 1CL
MAC blush in Oh So Fair
Aromaleigh Ultra Resolution Finishing Powder in Clear

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Serpensortia (all over upper lid)
Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Priori Incantate (crease and outer vee)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Shinkirou (as a highlighter below brow)
Coastal Scents gel liner in 24kk (I think.. used as a liner)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (upper lashline)

Lips:
Aromaleigh lipbalm in Just the Balm, Ma'am
Evil Shades Deviant lipstick in Primrose Path



Here I wonked up the settings. This looks a lot bluer than it should. The plus side is that no one can see my acne!




These pictures I managed not to eff up. As you can see, Serpensortia is hella glowy. I love it.




Argh, I wish Priori Incantate would show up more but I messed up, apparently. It's sparkly and glowy and I know a few people who'd want/need this shade...

If you follow me on Twitter (I've changed my profile private again because I've had enough of the spammers there), you probably know that I had an office Christmas party on Friday. The night didn't go so smoothly for me. I spent 1,5 hours doing my hair and makeup and started feeling sick after just an hour after the party had started. FYI I wasn't drunk, I just got a terrible headache, felt dizzy and my stomach started to turn. I suspect that my sensitive tummy didn't like the combo of 2 antibiotic tablets and alcohol. So I went home (by bus after standing in -10 centigrade weather for 10 minutes) and started throwing up. Then I went to sleep for 2-3 hours and woke up feeling relatively fine. Boyfriend was such a sweetie and went to a nearby gas station to get me some ic cream when he heard I had missed desserts.

Here's a pic of me dolled up on Friday:


As you can see, I'm suffering from acne at the moment (that's why I'm on antibiotics, my glands had swollen up due to an infection caused by the acne) and I think I might be a little tipsy...

So, how do you like the looks?