Saturday 7 February 2009

Aromaleigh Make your eyes POP look

Okay, I'm not happy with this look.



Here's the thing. I ordered Aromaleigh's Make your eyes POP-kit for green eyes. I was very excited about the shades. The kit included:



Sage (frost): a delicate sage-green frost for highlighting.

Campanula: a subtly warm brown with coppery and silver highlights for all over lids.

Lilypad: a frosted green shade for crease

Drama Violet: an amethyst shade for eyeliner.


Make your eyes POP look

Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Himalayan
Meow Cosmetics Top Cat finishing powder
Meow Cosmetics blush in Tickled Pink
UDPP
Aromaleigh Make Your Eyes POP kit for green eyes
Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara
Aromaleigh lipstick in Darling

I wanted to do this look "by the book" so I used all the colours in the kit how they should be used. What I realized right away as I was putting on Campanula was that the shade is too "dirty" for me. On AL's website it almost look as light lavender but on the lid it's a very brown shade. I was dissappointed because dirty browns make me look ill. But I decided to complete the look.



The expressions says it all. Okay, my eyes looked a bit greener but I would have wished for purer shades. Don't get me wrong, al these shades are usable but not together for me, anyways. Especially as Lilypad is such a strong teal and Sage is a very fresh light green, it makes Campanula look like the odd one out. The eyeliner is a gorgeous purple but I had some difficulties getting the stuff through the sifter.


As you can see, the colours are almost camouflage-like. It doesn't work for my colouring. And my, is my nose HUGE or what *lol*

So this experiment didn't go as well as I hoped. But I love the colours, I just have to use them separately. Or I could replace Campanula with Orchid. Hmmm..

I love the smoothness of the lipstick, btw. The colour looks almost grey but it's a nice subdued pink. I have to be careful with it, though not to look washed out.

Have you ever tried kits for certain coloured eyes? How did it go?

No comments: