Thursday 19 March 2009

Going green

I'm still sick and I don't know if I can talk yet. Total boredom. My hand is aching from writing notes to my boyfriend and not being able to talk is unnatural state for me.

So I decided to take a shower and do a look. It has been a while since I've posted anything of mild interest so I wanted to show you how Fyrinnae's Envy Me looks like since I raved about it in my last post. Also I missed St Patrick's Day so are there any better excuses to do a green look? No.

Going green look

Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss foundation in Inquisitive Himalayan
Fyrinnae Glow Blush in Enrapture
UDPP as a primer on lids
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Envy Me (all over upper lid and as a liner on lower lid)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Strip Poker (outer vee and crease)
Fyrinnae eyeshadow in But I Like Frogs (wetlined on upper lash line)
Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Black
Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Lollipop-Pop




Here you can see how lovely the sheen of Envy Me is. I just love it. It changes a bit according to how the light hits it. In its jar it looks taupe which threw me off a bit but on skin it's pure green gorgeousness.

I think Strip Poker looks okay but it's orange/coppery sheen isn't that visible. You can see it on the jar but as soon as it's applied, the shimmer is gone. And I don't blend my Fyrinnae, I always pat them on. But I Like Frogs is a great liner, it really brightens up the eyes. Take note girls: if you're hung over and your eyes are really red and you look like you probably eat brains for breakfast, put on some blue or green eyeliner.


I like how this look turned out. I chose Lollipop-Pop for the lips because it has blueish shimmer which is great if you want to plump up your lips. And I really like Fyrinnae's Glow Blush. A little goes a very long way: it's highly pigmented and a bit matte.

If you haven't tried Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres I would recommend you to do it. They are like lip stains but they're very moisturizing and their stay-on power is great. There are also many shades from girly pinks to blue and black.

5 comments:

Ilse said...

How beautiful you are! You don't look sick at all. The greens work wonderfully with your skin tone and gorgeous red hair!

I haven't done my face yet today, but I think I'll have to do something with greens.. ;)

Saila said...

Thanks, hon :) I'm so happy that I just have sore throat. Usually when I'm really sick, you can see it in my eyes. I dared to do a look today because Simo told me yesterday that my eyes didn't look like I was sick.

I really love Envy Me, it's an amazing green. I usually don't wear greens that much because I'm afraid that it'll be too boring.

Go green! :D

Ilse said...

So I got green. You as my muse ;)

I used the green shade on Jane Iredale's triple eyeshadow Azure, all over the lid. The birthday gift you gave me: LimeCrime's enchant in crease and a hint of JI's 24K Gold dust in Aquamarine here and there :)

And on cheeks FaceFronts Buenos Aires.

The result is gorgeous, at least I think so.. A dark and sparky spring inspired look!

Phyrra said...

I love it :)
I think your eyes look very vibrant with those colors.
You look really pretty with that lippy, too!

Saila said...

Thanks :) I'm really in love with Envy Me. It's very subtle but lovely.

I should wear more green, anyways. I just have a slight abhorrence with it, don't know why...