Wednesday 18 March 2009

Fyrinnae swatches ;)

Okay, it's been a long time and I have gotten so many orders that I can't even remember them all. I have MAC's Hello Kitty (Too Dolly palette, Milk pigment, Big Bow lipstick, Nice Kitty lipglass, Popster lip treatment and Dazzlepuss dazzleglass) and all sorts of cool stuff. And I would have posted a look but unfortunately I'm sick. I can't speak and I can't show my face so I decided to swatch some Fyrinnae for you and post a picture of my last Friday's party look.

Okay, so Fyrinnae. First of all, they have two new collections at the moment. The other one doesn't have a name (or a clear theme) and it's a bit disappointing BUT today they posted their Mad Tea Party collection that's very fresh and colourful. I already made my order so now I just have to wait. But here's some swatches of my most recent hauls.



Top row (from left to right): Strip Poker, Envy Me, Fish & Chips, Little Red's Pet Wolf
Bottom row (from left to right): Wicked, Bubble Tea, But I Like Frogs, BBQ sauce
And here's another pic in a slightly different angle (so you can see the colours better).


Shade descriptions (from Fyrinnae's website):
Strip Poker - medium ocean-blue with an orange/copper shimmer highlight and sparkle
Envy Me - soft tan with subtle green sheen
Fish & Chips - medium golden brown
Little Red's Pet Wolf - sparkling gold-brown with subtle accents of green
Wicked - deep, dark purple with turquoise shimmer
Bubble Tea - medium lilac-mauve topped with a green highlight shimmer and a scattering of silver sparkles
But I Like Frogs - deep subdued blue intertwined with just a hint of green shimmer
BBQ Sauce - very sparkly dark coppery colour

Strip Poker, Fish & Chips and BBQ sauce are all from the unnamed spring collection. I like Strip Poker but by now means it is blue. It's a light green colour and the orange/coppery shimmer is barely noticeable. But I think it will make a nice crease colour with a light green.
Little Red's Pet Wolf is a hideous colour. It looks like baby poop and I hate it but it makes my eyes look gorgeous. And this is so strange because I wouldn't like to wear it but everytime I do, my eyes just sparkle.
Envy Me is perhaps the most understated colour from Fyrinnae. I found it accidentally and I don't know why, but I ordered a full size rightaway. It's fricking amazing! The green sheen is lovely. Please don't pass this colour just because it doesn't look like much on the website...
Wicked is amazing, vampy purple. I love the teal shimmer. It's also a favourite of Decorative Diva's. This is not for the faint-hearted!
Bubble Tea is.. well, boring. I expected something else and as you can see from the photos, it looks more like fuchsia than lilac-mauve. I prefer Darling Misfit. Sorry.
But I Like Frogs looks so different on the website that it pains me! I actually e-mailed Fyrinnae because mine looks like blackened navy and it has no green whatsoever. It looks like oil, which can be great but I don't think it's supposed to be like this. We'll see.

Okay, last Friday my friend Ilse had her Xth birthday. I wanted to look fresh and girly and Decorative Diva suggested a pin-up look. I went for nude eyeshadows (Taylor Made's Vintage and Fyrinnae's Snow leopard) with thick black eyeliner. For lips I just used Popster from MAC's Hello Kitty collection because I didn't want to go too overboard.

This is the only pic of that night's look that I can actually post. I didn't have light and the less photographic side of me decided to take the wheels.



I think the eyes came up nicely. I hadn't had the time to practice so I was a bit nervous. I actually put scotch tape on the sides of my outer corners so that the 'wings' would be as symmetrical as possible. Mind you, ripping scotch tape off your eye area is painful!

I love the shirt I was wearing that evening. It's a bit snug and Simo said that I look like Victorian schoolteacher wearing Converse trainers. I took it as a compliment :)

So, check out Fyrinnae's Mad Tea Party collection! I'm getting samples of Cheshire Cat Grin, Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat, Curiouser and Curiouser!, Painted Roses, Ravens and Writing Desks, Nonsense! and Looking Glass. What about you?

2 comments:

Phyrra said...

You look drop dead gorgeous in that last picture :) Very beautiful, sophisticated and perhaps a bit dangerous!

Thank you for the swatches! I appreciate them!

Saila said...

Awww, thanks :)

Danger is my middle name ;P I think it's the slight squinting. It was after 6pm, I think and I had no natural light so I had to do all sorts of tricks to take a photo.