Thursday 31 December 2009

My Favourite Products in 2009

Hi all!

This is the last day of 2009 so I wanted to list my favourite products from 2009. These are the products that I've discovered in 2009 AND I've used most often or fallen in love with them.

10. Meow Equilibrium Primer

It soothes my easily irritated skin. What more do you want, really?

9. Lumene Blueberry Curl Waterproof Mascara in Rich Black

I had searched AGES for a waterproof mascara that would make my lashes look more thicker (I already have ridiculously long lashes) but I couldn't find one that wouldn't make ugly black smudges under my brows. This is THE ONE. It doesn't smudge and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. And it stays on beautifully.

8. Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

First I didn't know how to use this and thought it would be the most useless product ever. I was wrong. I use this with strong shimmery eyeshadows. I get to keep all the glitter and make the shadows visible for a kilometre radius.

7. Sassy Minerals blush in Gimme Some Sugar

This is a lovely warm blush with the perfect amount of shimmer. It amounts a nice glow to any look. I use this for work looks to brighten things up a bit.

6. Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Shangri-La

Honestly, at first I though it would look too purple on me. When I tried this on, I knew it would be the start of a very beautiful relationship. It's not too cold (I don't look hypothermic) but it's edgy enough for strong looks.

5. Fyrinnae eyeshadow in Pumpkinfire

I love the black base with the shimmer overload! I don't get to use this often enough but when I do: oh boy.

4. Meow Cosmetics Lost Rainforest Blush in Canna

The loveliest strong pink blush there is! Unfortunately it was limited edition. Boo. I still love it and the full size will probably last a long time.

3. Aromaleigh L'Orchidée collection

These are just beautiful. This is my all-time favourite eyeshadow collection from Aromaleigh. Fortunately, some of these are now permanent. Unfortunately, not all of them are. Nonetheless, they are worth snatching. My faves are Jewel, Unicorn, Orinoco, Pink Fingers and Shadow Witch.

2. MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Long Stem Rose

It's the most beautiful golden pink! And I love the formula. It's a lipstick that truly makes lips look more juicy and glossy. It's a lipstick that feels like lipstick but looks like a gloss. And it's super moisturizing. My precioussssssss.

1. Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish

I run out of this. All the time. It's like an instant photoshop on my face. It doesn't look dusty, it actually disappears into the skin and makes the whole face glow (in a good way that is). I hope this thing was forever.

6 comments:

Mai said...

Ehkä mäkin tämän luettuani kokeilisin vihdoinkin tuota Blueberry Curlia! Kuulostaa tosi hyvältä ja vesiliukoisenakin saatavilla vielä, jee :) Tuo Diamond Perfect Finish kuulostaa mahtavalta!

Mun pitäisi varmaan tehdä kanssa tällainen listaus!

Lisa Kate said...

These sound great! I definitely need to pick up some of your picks since our skin and coloring is so similar XD (I'm even bookmarking this haha!)

Saila said...

Sagu: Mulla on ainakin toiminut tuo Blueberry Curl ja olen ollut erittäin positiivisesti yllättynyt! Yleensä Lumenen mascarat eivät ole toimineet mulle, mutta tämä on kyllä fynd!

Tee listaus, olisi kiva lukea sun suosikeista :)

Lisa Kate: Yay! :D I've been ordering some of the stuff featured in your blog for the same reasons *lol* Twin power! *zooming noise from a power ring*

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

Go me! 2 mentions in one day - Making your year by naming a shadow for you, and now a Top 10 pick :) Thank you thank you thank you!

Phyrra said...

I love your list!

Happy New Year :)

Saila said...

Robyn: You SO deserved it :)

Phyrra: Thanks :) I'm going to e-mail you soon, NYE made my brains wonky and I have difficulties writing in English, eep!